Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bert and Ernie - The reprisals

I swear, my last post hasn't even been up long enough for the pixels to dry and some jackhole decides to rip into me. Doesn't even have the courage to do it publicly either. And no it's not this Rob chap I've talked about before.

Nope some anonymous dweeb decides to rip into me about being against "outing" Bert and Ernie. Says that I am homophobic, intolerant, and just not a nice person to the LGBT community.

Well Mr. or Mrs. "Person with obviously made up and throwaway email account name", let me address your concerns.

My Homophobia. There is a person who is gay. This man is a brother to me in all but blood. To my wife and I, this man is family. There is nothing we wouldn't do for him if it is within our power so to do. We love him that much. When we hang out, he frequently slips in to "Gay" mode (he is not one who trips "Gaydar" normally) and I will get into the silliness of the moment and join him in acting gay. I frequently disturb my wife by acting gayer than he does. Hell I disturb him and he's the gay one.

Also my wife and I own a pair of "It's ok to be Takei" t-shirts which fundraise for George Takei's favorite Gay Rights charities.

I've even gone as far as to reevaluate my opinion of Lady Gaga. I am still not fond of her songs (apart from Poker Face which is quite catchy in a techno-esq kind of way) and I think that her videos and her stage presence is a little over the top for me...but I can not fault her stance on Gay Rights and I do like the message contained in her "Born this Way" song.

So homophobic is something I'm not.

Intolerant? Get a grip. See the section of homophobia above. I also have a step-daughter who is white and is currently dating a nice black man. They're likely to get married when she gets out of college they're that close. I expect to be corrupting their mixed-blood child when they get around to making me a grandparent. The only thing I am intolerant of is people like you who decide to get up in my face (well as close to it as you can come over the safety of the internet) and call me names for no goddamn reason.

And I am not intolerant or objecting to the concept of having a gay couple on Sesame Street. After seeing what they did about death, I welcome them trying to cover the whole "I have daddies or two mommies" bit. I'd love to see them treat a gay couple as if they were just plain normal folk because they ARE plain normal folk.

Not a nice person? Well that's debatable. When my ire is raised, I can be a mean and vindictive person. I can think of all sorts of things to do to a person that is quite mean and nasty yet still being in the confines of the law. I love posting pictures of douchebag parkers in my facebook. I love posting asshole customers on Customers Suck's website (Check them out and look for Mongo). I'll, in a face to face encounter. even resort to verbally destroying you for my amusement.

So I can be nasty. I can be "Whipping puppies with live rattlesnakes" mean and cruel.

Send me another email from your REAL address and let's see who walks away and who is a quivering puddle of neurotic piss left to fester and rot on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment