Friday, March 5, 2010

A scammer. Oh joy.

From a scammer I found in my e-mail box and my reply to him...
I am Barrister John Floyd,I have been waiting for you to contact me
And just how in the name of Zeus's sweaty scrotum was I supposed that you were waiting to contact you? Do you honestly think that I just sit around and think to myself "Self, I have this powerful urge to contact some strange person in a foreign country."?


for your conformable Bank Draft of $780.000.00 USD
Why, in all the thousands of letters sent out on a daily basis, are none of the monetary amounts in the local currency? I am not sure about Nigeria, but I'm fairly certain that the British Isles have their own currency. I know they used to use the Pound and then switched over to the Euro. They may or may not have switched back to the pound, but in either case that's irrelevant as they actually HAVE a currency. Might I suggest for something different and exciting and potentially more convincing of stating the amount in the local currency and THEN give the exchange rate and maybe as a courtesy give the converted amount in USD.


For example: "You have a bank draft of 517,920 Pounds which at .664 pounds to the dollar is roughly $780,000 depending on current exchange rates."


This is more believable to me.

from the British Heritage Promotion Company.
Why would a company I've never even heard of until today even consider sending me money? I've never had any dealings with foreign companies and for that matter have never been beyond the borders of my own country...EVER. So what business would they have with me?


Besides, a quick google search gave thousands of hits for this business, most of them screaming SCAM at me.

Contact me immediately by sending me your Fullname:Country:Address:Telephone no via email for more details:


First name: Howdumb
Middle name: Doyoufucking
Last Name: Thinkiam
Address:600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20580
Phone Number:(202) 326-2222


(Which is the address and phone number of the FTC or Federal Trade Commission, which I'm sure would LOVE a call from this asshat.



(barjohnfloyd@8u8.com ) or call me +44-7024043543 as soon as you receive the mail.
Funny thing about that. No Lawyer (Barrister in your country) would have a professional e-mail address that they would conduct professional business from that wasn't attached to an actual law firm. 8u8.com comes up as being at IP address 59.33.38.57 which a simple ping says is unreachable. A WHOIS search gives me this information.


59.33.38.57
Record Type: IP Address

OrgName:    Asia Pacific Network Information Centre 
OrgID:      APNIC
Address:    PO Box 2131
City:       Milton
StateProv:  QLD
PostalCode: 4064
Country:    AU

ReferralServer: whois://whois.apnic.net

NetRange:   59.0.0.0 - 59.255.255.255 
CIDR:       59.0.0.0/8 
NetName:    APNIC-59
NetHandle:  NET-59-0-0-0-1
Parent:     
NetType:    Allocated to APNIC
NameServer: NS1.APNIC.NET
NameServer: NS3.APNIC.NET
NameServer: NS4.APNIC.NET
NameServer: TINNIE.ARIN.NET
NameServer: NS2.LACNIC.NET
NameServer: NS-SEC.RIPE.NET
Comment:    This IP address range is not registered in the ARIN database.
Comment:    For details, refer to the APNIC Whois Database via
Comment:    WHOIS.APNIC.NET or http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl
Comment:    ** IMPORTANT NOTE: APNIC is the Regional Internet Registry
Comment:    for the Asia Pacific region. APNIC does not operate networks
Comment:    using this IP address range and is not able to investigate
Comment:    spam or abuse reports relating to these addresses. For more
Comment:    help, refer to http://www.apnic.net/apnic-info/whois_search2/abuse-and-spamming
RegDate:    2004-05-04
Updated:    2009-10-08

OrgTechHandle: AWC12-ARIN
OrgTechName:   APNIC Whois Contact 
OrgTechPhone:  +61 7 3858 3188
OrgTechEmail:  search-apnic-not-arin@apnic.net


Which makes me very suspicious as an English company would have their site hosted in an English owned hosting site. And even if they did outsource it, it would STILL show up as an English owned IP Address.

Sorry, guess again morons.

1 comment:

  1. The United Kingdom has never switched over to the euro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_and_the_euro

    ReplyDelete